Page added on March 14, 2012
We are cordially inviting you to attend our Social & Arts Day on Saturday 17th March (11.00 – 16.00) at Queen’s Hall, Percy Gee Building, University of Leicester in conjunction with International Women’s Day.
Come together with women and their families from all walks of life to celebrate, network and have fun! The day will include workshops:
• Women – an ageing population: needs and aspirations
• The Equality of Women and Men in the 21st century
• Visual Images of the Body Maternal
• Women as Carers
The festival will also showcase women through celebrating diversity in arts and culture and give you a diverse mix of sights, scents and sounds to inspire!
• International fashion show, short story and Art competition and Poetry
• Photography display by Kevin Night, with images for sale
• Performances by guitarist/singer George Simpson, and Leicester Amika Choir
• Complementary Therapists offering tasters; Henna Tattooists
• Comedy: Love light laughter with Ishi Khan Jackson
• Emotional Freedom Technique, a tapping technique which releases stress and pain levels and balances the whole body system.
• Tai Chi Taster session:
o Introduction to Tai Chi and Qigong (outlining its health benefits for women, explaining how meditative movements have a deep, calming effect upon the mind, promoting general well-being)
o Demonstrations of Tai Chi
o Sample class for all to participate
• Luxury cupcakes and food goodies for sale
This event is free to the public and will take place at Queen’s Hall, Students’ Union Percy Gee Building, University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester, LE1 7RH.
So, join us on this day to celebrate, educate and empower women!
Ms Sadiyo Siad, BSc (Hons), MSc, PhD Candidate, Chief Executive Officer
Eva Organization for Women (EOW)
Office address: 294 Victoria Road East, Leicester, LE5 0LF, UK